Here comes the first official video recipe for “What’s in my Slow Cooker today?”. I know you’ve been chomping at the bit, haven’t you? Well, I had fun recording it so I guess that’s all that matters.
Today, on the menu is Chicken Chasseur. This is a great chicken “stew” which will really warm the cockles on these cold winter evenings that have been rolling in lately. I’ll be serving mine over rice although this dish would definitely stand alone as well. You might even dress it up with some lovely dumplings! Mmmm.
The recipe came from one of those lovely compilation books that you buy in the discount book store. Strangely enough, it was a Slow Cooker recipe book. Go figure. I didn’t write down the name of the author so please don’t accuse me of plagiarism. I did adapt the original recipe however so it’s not REALLY that author’s entirely. So there.
Here are the ingredients you will need. Feel free to adapt to your family’s taste. I am showing you how to cook it in the video so I’m not going to waste your time by writing the method for the recipe. Go for it! You can do it! Enjoy! What’s in your slow cooker today? Why Slow Cooker Chicken Chasseur of course!
- 1.4kg chicken (whole or pieces, skinned or not)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed & sliced
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed & sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
- 175g mushrooms, chopped into large pieces
- 1 small red onion, peeeled & roughly chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & roughly chopped
- 300ml dry white wine
- 450ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree, dissolved in stock
- 2 tbsp plain (GF) flour
- Herbs of your choosing to season
- 300g frozen green beans or peas