For this week’s Flashback Friday I decided to dip back just one year. One year ago this weekend though. The picture above is one of my all time favourites of Little Miss and one of the photos of which I am the most proud. I love it when you can capture a moment where the kids aren’t looking. Her face is so angelic and innocent. She’s absorbed in whatever was going on outside the window and we were enjoying a quick “smoovie” and snack at our favourite cafe in Stamford. One year ago this weekend the weather was GORGEOUS! We decided to take advantage of the sunshine and lukewarm Spring breeze to visit Burghley House’s Garden of Surprises. Little Miss is very fond of water and she took full advantage of every water feature in the garden.

But it was still a bit cool. At least a bit cool for running around and in and out of water features. If you look closely at Little Miss you’ll see that she looks just a bit cold! Not long after this photo she looked a LOT cold. Her little lips were blue and she was chattering and shivering but refusing all attempts to come out of the water. Eventually we were able to persuade her that it was time to get dressed. Hubby wrapped her up in his fleecy, warm jumper and we went to explore the Sculpture Garden which has always been a favourite of mine.

We adore this sculpture which thankfully has become a permanent fixture in the Sculpture Garden. It’s always a big hit when we bring friends and family to visit. Little Miss was slightly intimidated however so she snuggled up pretty closely to Daddy. It might have also been the cold and partially frozen limbs as well!

Once Little Miss warmed up enough we practised a bit of balancing along with a lot of exploring. It was an amazingly beautiful weekend weather-wise and some wonderful time for “just the three of us” which is a bit harder to come by these days.

Flashback Friday is about sharing a memory. Show us a photo from your past…one year ago or one century ago. Tell us the story and relive the moment. Write about it, make us smile and share it with others by popping back and linking up in the Linky below. That’s all. Simple! Now start trawling through your archives…go on…you know you want to!

Tagged on:

17 thoughts on “Flashback Friday- Spring

• 08/04/2011 at 8:16 am

Fabulous photos and I love that sculpture, it reminds me of a garden we visited way back in Devon, I must hunt the photos down!
    Loving your Flashback Friday Karin and Little Miss is such a beautiful girl!
    Have a great weekend

• 08/04/2011 at 8:34 am

The first photo is absolutely gorgeous- it looks like it should be in a magazine. Looks like it was a lovely day x

• 08/04/2011 at 9:44 am

Brilliant set of photos Karin! Looks like a fabulous day out and the weather was amazing! And your Little Miiss is just adorable :) x

• 08/04/2011 at 10:25 am

What a cutie! Seriously, you may need a permit to keep such an absolutely adorable child :)

Some wonderful summertime photos, what a great memory. Looks like a very special place, I will have to check it out some time with my girls.
    ~M

• 08/04/2011 at 10:26 am

By the way, meant to say ‘springtime’ not ‘summertime’…getting too excited about all this sunshine and getting ahead of myself!

• 08/04/2011 at 11:13 am

Lovely photo’s Karin. Looks like you had a really nice day out x

• 08/04/2011 at 2:55 pm

Great photos! She looks freezing though! hehe

• 08/04/2011 at 6:36 pm

Lovely blog and photos. I am now plotting to see how I can get to Burghley, it looks amazing.
    Sarah
    xx

• 08/04/2011 at 7:29 pm

Beautiful photos! It looks like you had a great family day! Hopefully the nice weather arrives soon!

• 08/04/2011 at 8:20 pm

Such gorgeous photos of such lovely memories of your day out Karin. Looks wonderful. I adore that photo of Little Miss and her ‘smoovie’ – too cute! It’s so lovely when you remember a day so special and it just give you that warm feeling of happiness in side. Lovely Flashback Friday x

• 08/04/2011 at 8:32 pm

Gorgeous photots and nice accompanying post. That first photo certainly is stunning. What a little beauty! xX

• 08/04/2011 at 9:40 pm

Makes me smile and wish I was there….my favorite place as well. I needed this posting after finishing two days of substitute teaching :-)
    Love you and thanks for the lovely photos.

• 08/04/2011 at 10:40 pm

Lovely photos. We go there quite often too and I absolutely love the garden of surprises…I’m just looking forward to when Potato Bear is of an age that he can enjoy the water as LM does.

Thanks for sharing x